Monday 31 March 2008

Murdo and Easter in Estonia

Hi!

Sorry I didn't write before, but I had to find all the eggs :)
Easter here is a bit different I think. Estonians don't hide the eggs, they only kick them togehter. Whose egg is fine, I mean is not broken, is the winner. But Mrs Laane's class hide some eggs just to please me.

Anyway, I spent my Easter with Iris family. Iris and her family taught me how to colour eggs. It was fun.
In this picture Iris taught me how to colour eggs. I looked so closely that I fell :)
In this picture you can see the egg I coloured myself (of course Iris helped me a bit, just only a bit).
I coloured all these eggs :), but this brownish one, this is Iris' grandmother's egg. She knows how to colour eggs so called old fashioned way. Old fashion colouring means that you use onion shell go get such brownish patter. I hope I remebered all the tricks and can colour eggs in Scotland too like I did here in Estonia.
That's all for today.
Best wishes,
Murdo

2 comments:

High School Dundee said...

Looks like Murdo is having a fantastic time after the time travelling!

The brown Easter egg is interesting as Mr Tonner, Mrs Tonner's husband, uses teac bags to make the eggs brown rather then onions peels.

Mrs Tonner

High School Dundee said...

I like Murdo's new style, especially the stripy top!I would love to have gone to the ballet too! Was there a wicked queen in the story? Was she scary?

Mrs Goddard